1996-present: Practice Limited to Endodontics.
Running own endodontic practice where patients are seen on a referral only basis. Patients are seen for endodontic diagnosis, endodontic treatment and re-treatment, peri-radicular and corrective surgery and management of trauma. Most adult patients are referred from private general practioners and those with practices limited to Prosthodontics, Periodontics and Orthodontics. A small proportion of children are referred from the Health Boards for management of trauma.
Oct 1999-2002: Teaching 2nd and 3rd year Paedodontic MSc students for 2 sessions per week in Dublin Dental Hospital. This included the teaching of Paedodontic Endodontics and Trauma. The teaching post includes running seminars and clinical sessions.
Summary of qualification
Oct 1995: MSc. Endodontics, Univ. London, UMDS, Guys’ Hospital.
Nov 1985: B.A., B.Dent. Sci. (Hons) Univ. Dublin, Trinity College
1993-1995: MSc. Endodontics, Univ. London, UMDS, Guys’ Hospital.
1980-1985: B.A., B.Dent. Sci. (Hons) Univ. Dublin, Trinity College.
1975-1980: Alexandra College, Dublin.
1974-1975: Dungannon High School.
1970-1974: Dungannon Co. Primary.
1967-1970: Armagh Armstrong Primary.
Elliott LM, Curtis RV, Pitt Ford TR. Cutting pattern of nickel-titanium files using two preparation techniques. Endod Dent Traumatol 1998: 14:10-15.
Various articles for the Irish Endodontic Society newsletter.
Additional professional activities
- Incoming president of the Metropolitan Branch of the Irish Dental Association.
- Executive Board member of European Society of Endodontology 2005-2007
- President of European Society of Endodontology 2003-2005
- European Society of Endodontology country representative for Ireland 2000-2005.
- Irish Endodontic Society Committee Member.
- Irish Dental Association- Metropolitan Branch Committee Member
- Past Vice President of the London Irish Dental Society.
- Editorial Board Member Womens Dental Journal, Europe.
- Irish Endodontic Society
- British Endodontic Society
- Irish Dental Association
- Langham Endodontic Study Group
- European Society of Endodontology: Active Member (awarded at ESE Congress, Zagreb, 1999)
- American Association of Endodontists
- Irish Society of Dentristy for Children
- Advisory Council for Endodontics for SybronEndo
- International Association of Dental Traumatology